|Ultimaker launched their latest 3d printer to the market today – The Ultimaker 2+ Connect|
The Ultimaker 2+ Connect is designed to be your reliable first step into the Ultimaker world of easy, remote 3D printing.
Featuring networking capabilities and a new touchscreen, the latest addition to the Ultimaker 3D printing portfolio will enable you to create a seamless 3D printing workflow that’s perfect for small enterprises and educators.
Hit the ground printing
Thousands of designers and educators love Ultimaker technology because it just keeps working – day and night, year after year. Since 2015, over 6 million prints have been prepared for its predecessor, the Ultimaker 2+. The Ultimaker 2+ Connect improves on that workhorse legacy.
The Ultimaker 2+ Connect adds intuitive operation and deeper software connectivity. It features:
- Network connectivity. At home or in the office, sending print jobs to the Ultimaker 2+ Connect is a breeze. Via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, cloud 3D printing allows remote file transfer with added security from anywhere in the world
- Next-gen components. There’s nothing better than waking up to a successful print. Thanks to a stiffer build platform and rigorously tested material profiles, you can trust the Ultimaker 2+ Connect to print reliably overnight or over the weekend
- A touchscreen. For every action, the 2.4” color touchscreen gives you intuitive control and step-bystep assistance. Changing material, adjusting the build plate, or checking your print status are just a tap away.
- Wide material choice. Ultimaker offers the widest material choice on the market. With an open filament system, you can always find the right material properties for your application – from stunning aesthetics to flexibility
- Easy setup. With a hardware installation that takes minutes, setting up the Ultimaker 2+ Connect is easy. It also features a more ergonomic feeder lever and improved assisted bed levelingstep-by-step assistance. Changing material, adjusting the build plate, or checking your print status are just a tap away
High uptime. low maintenance
A clean and updated design keeps maintenance to a minimum – just 20 minutes per month. These tasks can be performed easily, without the need for special tools.
You can also switch out swappable nozzles in less than 5 minutes for high uptime, choosing between 0.25 mm for detailed prints, 0.8 mm for fast drafts or 3D sketches, 0.6 mm, or 0.4 mm.
Cloud 3D printing built in
With the Ultimaker 2+ Connect, you can leverage the full power of Ultimaker’s digital workflow. You’ll enjoy the benefits of:
- Ultimaker Digital Factory. Via Ultimaker Digital Factory, share the Ultimaker 2+ Connect with your co-workers to increase uptime. Then remotely monitor your print job to know when it’s complete
- Ultimaker Marketplace. Ultimaker Marketplace lets you customize your slicing experience with plugins (including CAD integration) for a simpler 3D printing workflow
- Ultimaker 3D Printing Academy. By registering your Ultimaker 2+ Connect, you’ll be eligible for a free onboarding course with the Ultimaker 3D Printing Academy, our e-learning platform that teaches the ins and outs of 3D printing
Upgrade your peace of mind
The optional Ultimaker 2+ Connect Air Manager gives you more confidence and setup flexibility. Designed to simply and effectively increase user safety, it removes up to 95% of ultrafine particles (UFPs) and shields users from hot and moving components.
The Ultimaker 2+ Connect Air Manager includes a single-speed fan to efficiently pull air through a large EPA filter. This gives you the flexibility to install multiple printers in more locations.
The Ultimaker 2+ Connect Air Manager also fully covers the Ultimaker 2+ Connect’s build chamber with a front enclosure for a more stable printing environment, preventing anyone from touching hot and moving components.
Who is the Ultimaker 2+ Connect for?
During development phases, 3D printing can provide up to a 20x capability enhancement to iterate on new ideas and products, giving small enterprises more freedom and flexibility to experiment. And by 3D printing prototypes with your choice of affordable materials, you’ll also be able to test your ideas for less. By. On average, Ultimaker customers achieve more than 80% cost savings compared to outsourcing.*
The Ultimaker 2+ Connect is also an ideal 3D printer to give higher education students access to additive technology, no matter their skill level. You can also easily install multiple machines to facilitate students’ projects – or to create a general access 3D printing lab.
The full specs, features, videos/pictures and price can be found on the product page here:
If you have any other queries or are considering purchasing this machine please do feel free to ask us directly (email@example.com / 07789266163)
Thanks for reading 🙂