Ultimaker Breakaway is a support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. Breakaway support is quick to remove and does not need further post-processing for a quality finish on your 3D print. Designed for a hassle-free 3D printing experience, Breakaway provides good adhesion to ABS, Nylon, PLA, CPE, or CPE+ and is for use with the AA Print Core.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker Breakaway
- No sanding or waiting for your support material to dissolve. Simply print and break it away.
- Ensures a high-quality surface finish on your model.
- Good adhesion to ABS, Nylon, PLA, CPE, or CPE+.
- Longer shelf life and less moisture sensitive compared to water-soluble support material, such as PVA.
- Ideal for use with build materials that could be sensitive to water.
How to remove Breakaway support
- Tear – Begin by removing the majority of the inner support structure, using gripping pliers to tear away the interior area.
- Pull – Loosen the support from the model around the corners with cutting pliers. Pull the Breakaway support from the model.
- Peel – If a layer of support remains, find a loose edge and peel it away from the model. Remove any final traces with pliers or tweezers.