3D printers are fantastic things! Producing some great looking parts straight off the printer. However, if you actually own a desktop 3D printer you will know that this isn’t always the case and all kinds of printing errors can creep in. Removing support material can sometimes be a pain and what if you need to modify the part after printing? You won’t want to print the whole thing again if it can be avoided!… This is where the MODIFI3D Finishing Tool steps in. MODIFI3D offers a low cost solution to Finish, Repair and Modify 3D printed parts.
What is Modifi3D
MODIFI3D is a heated tool with specially coated interchangeable tips designed to finish, repair and modify 3D printed parts. MODIFI3D Is designed to replace much of the sanding, scraping and snapping to finish off your 3D prints.
The pen like form of MODIFI3D makes it very comfortable to use and extremely easy to control when precision is important. MODIFI3D works with PLA, ABS and other 3D printing materials.
- 4 interchangeable tips –
- Needle, knife, scoop and point tips.
- Special tip coating to prevent sticking.
- Rapid heat up in less than 15 seconds.
- Sleep mode if not used for 25 seconds.
- Lightweight, compact and easy to use.
- Touch switch and indicator light.
- USB powered (USB 2.0 or USB 3.0).
- Basic stand included.
- 5V 8W
- USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 recommended
- Size: 15mm (0.6″) x 117mm (4.6″) excluding tips
- Weight: 120g (4.3 oz)
- Cable: 1.5m (59″) long to USB A plug
- Heats up to 300ºC (572ºF) in less than 15 seconds.
- Maximum temperature of 420-450ºC (788-842ºF)