PVA (Polyvinyl alcohol) is a water-soluble thermoplastic, widely adopted as a support material for FFF 3D printers.
Optimized for the FFF manufacturing process, our PVA is compatible with most of BCN3D filaments and can be easily printed to create the support and then dissolved with ordinary water.
PVA supports allow to achieve better surface quality, to orientate the part to get better mechanical properties and even to print multi-component models and mechanisms.
Some suggested Applications:
- Exceptional adhesion with PLA
- Also great in combination with PET-G, TPU and Nylon
- Water-soluble supports for partially enclosed cavities and complex geometries
- Sacrificial moulds
Extruder temp 210° C – 230° C Cooling fan 50% Min. layer height ≥0.1mm Bed temp. 60º C Speed –
For BCN3D Cura users:
Get a proper printing profile for PVA using the ones integrated into the BCN3D Cura. Download the latest version of BCN3D Cura.
To ensure good bed adhesion use Magigoo.
- Store it in an airtight container with desiccant.
- Dry filament before printing. Place it in an oven or in a dehydrator at 50ºC for 6 to 8 hours.
- Clean the hotend after you’ve used PVA, before starting printing with other materials.