PLA is the most common used filament in FFF 3D printers for its ease of use and wide range of applications, specially those not mechanically or thermally demanding. Definitely a good starting point to learn about the 3D Printing manufacturing process.
Some suggested Applications:
- Architectural mockups
- Aesthetic, concept models
- Investment casting molds
- Low mechanically demanding prototypes
- Detailed and glossy surface quality
- Good tensile strength
- Rigid, fragile behavior
- Good UV resistance
- Withstand operating temperatures up to 50°C
- Odor-free, ideal for educational and office environments
- Compatible with PVA supports
- Low solvent and water resistance
|Extruder temp||180º C – 210º C|
|Min. layer height||0.08 – 0.2 mm|
|Bed temp.||65º C Sigma & Sigmax
45º C Epsilon
|Speed||40 – 80 mm/s|
For BCN3D Cura users:
Get a proper printing profile for PLA using the ones integrated into the BCN3D Cura. Download the latest version of BCN3D Cura.
To ensure good bed adhesion use Magigoo.
Store it in an airtight container with desiccant.