PET-G (Polyethylene terephthalate glycol-modified) is a polyester thermoplastic characterised by a good balance of tensile strength and elongation at break.
Its high resistance to water and chemicals makes it the material of choice for water-tight containers and protective cases.
PET-G is a versatile technical material, as easy to print as PLA, but with an improved balance of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties.
Some suggested Applications:
- Parts in contact with salts, acids and alkalis
- Functional prototypes and mechanical parts
- Waterproof applications
- Structural parts subject to mild stress
- Snap-fit joints
- Commonly used in beverage bottles
Good balance of strength and ductility
PET-G parts are as strong as those made with PLA but offer a better mechanical profile. PET-G is not brittle, which means that it will not snap abruptly if pulled or bended, on the contrary, it will progressively bend and stretch until reaching it maximum elongation limit of 23%.
- Resistance to corrosive chemicals
- Good balance of strength, impact resistance and elongation at break
- Great dimensional stability and toughness
- Good glossy surface quality
- Good abrasion resistance
- Water and moisture barrier
- Withstand operating temperatures up to 70°C
- Low rate of ultra-fine particles (UFP) and volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- Compatible with PVA supports
|Extruder temp||240° C – 260° C|
|Min. layer height||0.1-0.2mm|
|Bed temp.||90° C|
For BCN3D Cura users:
Get a proper printing profile for PET-G using the ones integrated into the BCN3D Cura. Download the latest version of BCN3D Cura.
To ensure good bed adhesion use Magigoo.
Enclosure is recommended for BCN3D Sigma and Sigmax printers.